Re:[teacherartexchange] "Facebook Pages" for Art Educators already exists

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Dec 30 2012 - 17:31:54 PST

Hi Cheryl (and all),

There are already two sites out there that are better than "Facebook"
(but that is only my opinion). I have my own personal reasons for not
liking Facebook.

One I helped to build - Incredible Art Department (so Getty members
would have a place to share images and lesson plans - so Yes, Getty
member did "BUILD THAT").
You can Google the new link. The other is Art Education 2.0 and that
was started by Dr. Craig Roland.
http://arted20.ning.com/
I wish I had more time now to visit Art Ed 2.0.

Anther place better than Facebook for art teachers is Art Education
Yahoo Group (more members than ArtsEducators Yahoo Group). Lots of
files already for sharing lessons and images of work.

I do not belong to Facebook and never will belong to
Facebook....Unless....I want to sign up to see my own son's page (I
hope he would "Friend" me?....I am his Mom, though, not his "friend").
I don't know, it just seems so much easier to call him when I want to
see how he is doing.... or email him when I just want to tell him how
I am doing.

Why not email Getty staff and see if they want to Facebook, too?

Kind regards,

Judy Decker

P.S. Please do not reply to my post.... Reply only to Cheryl's post.
Mine needs no reply at all - whether on list or off list.