[teacherartexchange] Thank You Getty Staff - I hope - Plus All Share Ideas

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Dec 30 2012 - 05:06:03 PST

Greetings Art Educators,

I think Getty TeacherArtExchange Staff and Getty Tech people might
have fixed one problem with the Digest?
I get the digest on two different accounts. In that digest, there was
only one post - and it was from me -- BUT the good news is my email
address (this one) did not show up - not in the email and not when I
clicked reply.

I will keep my eye on the digest now every day and see what happens
when there are more posts and will see if I am right.

I don't know if they figured out how to fix the problems of
individuals posting member email addresses -- that takes software
(like Yahoo has) then truncates (removes then end of the addresses).
Spammers still pick up those and they add all of the common endings to
see which ones actually get through. It just makes them work harder to
Spam - and that isn't my problem. I get all sorts of emails sent to
jdecker4art@ whatever they can think of. Most of those come through
Yahoo. Yahoo puts those directly to Spam folder as does Gmail.

I invite more of you to join me in "Sharing Ideas" and see if Getty
TeacherArtExchange can spring back to life in 2013. It was kind of sad
to see that in 2012 there were months with only 3 posts....maybe at
most one month with around 40.

Back in the days -- there would be more posts in one month than there
were the entire year of 2012. I am not too surprised....as 2012 was
indeed a very strange year. I am looking forward to a better 2013. the
Judy Decker from those days doesn't exist any more....but when you
don't get answers, I can still tell you how - or where - to find them.

Kind of funny, my computer monitor keeps wanting to go back. Every
time I come back to my machine - I see it (the calendar in the side
bar) wants to go back to Dec 2. I need to think of what happened on
Dec 2 that it wants to repeat (smile). Ah-ha! I know what that was!
and I am not going back to that date (smile).....but the soup I ate
that day was really good and I do need the recipe....so I will be
writing to her very soon.

Wishing you a Joyous New Year,

Judy Decker

P.S. Now I know I need to fix my Gmail... Plain Text USED to be the
default. It keeps going back to Rich Formatting and I have to send
again...Groan. Getty has to keep all posts Plain Text - or the Digest
doesn't work right. Members may remember the "olden days" when digest
readers couldn't make sense of the messages --we called it
"gobbly-gook" for lack of a better term. They did Digest users a HUGE
favor when they started rejecting Rich Formatting (also called HTML).

Anytime you get a post rejected, just send it from an account in which
you can format in PLAIN TEXT and send again.

to save myself some time....I just need to pay more attention and
switch to Plain Text first.... Silly me.