[teacherartexchange] What is a Tip In? More to come -- PLUS Define "Smart" goals?

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Dec 28 2012 - 05:43:03 PST

Greetings All,

For all members who want to know what a "Tip In" is - or who have
never participated before, please sign up for a Yahoo Group (listed
below). I only posted now to see if Getty list members were following
my own rule and Getty's own rules - to not post email addresses to
list. I know it is an accident most of the time, however, Getty's own
STAFF still replies to the list when they are away from the the office
- and posts all email addresses when they do. I easily forgive people
I KNOW who do it by accident.

I am not posting any art sharing Tip In experiences to Getty list
again, however, I DO have one post about sharing ideas that is
IMPORTANT. I don't even think that former list member even "listens"
to Getty TeacherArtExchange anymore? I find him on TAB list (Teaching
for Artistic Behavior). I have learned so much from him on how to be a
better art teacher. I didn't know him until the end of my art teaching
career. He is a real "gem". Yes, I did meet him on Getty list when it
was ArtsEdNet (? - something like that).

Also, If any one really wants "smart" goals, sign up for TAB Yahoo
List and listen before you ask questions - look in their list archives
and file section ....Sending to the other lists as well as I don't
remember which group asked the questions now.....
I need to know more what you mean by "smart" goals to answer how to
set them for any grade level. I am sure "smart" goals stands for
something that begins with S-M-A-R-T..... (Science? Math? Art?
Reading? Technology?) ... I have sort of lost the vocabulary. I need a
refresher course.

Yes, I do have enough participants already who WANT to participate
again in a Tip In. The exchange isn't until SUMMER 2013. I just wanted
to know if members were still interested in having another exchange.
ALL who have signed up in the past, WILL get personal emails from me
before the exchange begins. All who replied with interest who have not
done it before know where to sign up to find more information later
(ArtsEducators Yahoo and/or Art Education Yahoo). TAB Yahoo members
all already know where to find information. This time, I am only
organizing the exchange and I will be turning it over to someone else
to be host. She will set the end mail date and will have to be more
firm than I was. We now only do FIVE pages to be mailed - and we keep
one for ourselves (so a total of six pages). Each participant then
gets five different pages returned. We mail back PRIORITY MAIL only
now, so you have to send a PAID for Priority Stamp.

Regards,

Judy Decker
Retired since 2001 from teaching art - but never retired 100% from teaching.
I guess I will always be some kind of teacher?

P.S. Please accept my apology - as I am sure something I wrote may
have offended someone (smile). I never offend people on purpose. All
I can do is apologize in advance now. I just got done writing my own
"smart" goals - but they have nothing to do with teaching art. I have
18 to list - but I need to re-write them in proper order. Actually 18
is way too many for me. So I am putting number 1 and number 2 in the
right order first. I can not post them to the list as I have already
posted them before and people did not like my goals, so I learned that
lesson.