[teacherartexchange] clean up

---------

From: Barbara Marder (marder621_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Dec 20 2011 - 19:40:03 PST

I have a tight schedule and do not allow pile-uip at the sink. I also watch
anything breathing at all times.

I use a plastic beach pail filled 1/3 way with water and have all dirty
brushes dropped in that.

I use disposable paletts or large paint cakes that I have on plastic trays
I got from bargain store.

These trays get stacked up on a rolling cart near me and I wheel it out of
the way.

I rarely allow anyone at my sink-hand-washing can take place in the school
lav

I appoint TWO students to wash brushes or do it myself at the end of the
day and put them to dry upside down in a new beach bucket.

This has worked evry well for years.

I do not wash acrylic paints down the drain-cannot be good for water supply.

I use plastic scraps (lucite) that i got from a nearby company-when the
paint piles up heavily, we use these painted palettes to create something
abstract.

Barbara from Boston