[teacherartexchange] Art forgery case - this would make a great drama

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Dec 04 2011 - 11:48:32 PST

Greetings Art Educators (middle school and up),

As I was reading this New York Times article, I could help but think
it would make a nice drama for students to play out.
Possible Forging of Modern Art Is Investigated
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/03/arts/design/federal-inquiry-into-possible-forging-of-modernist-art.html?ref=design

Just for fun, students could even make their own forgeries for the drama.
Lots of "players" in this - add a judge, lawyers and jury and you can
include an entire class. You never know... maybe someday it will
become a new Hollywood movie script? (chuckles).

So much good stuff in New York Times for art appreciation. Art class
should not be all about art making.....
http://www.nytimes.com/pages/arts/design/index.html
No longer 100% free - but you do get 20 articles a month free. I am
selective now what I actually open up to read so I don't miss out on
something really good.

Enjoy,

Judy Decker

As always, Getty members, remember to clip out all member email
addresses before you click "send". All you have to do is look at what
you are posting. If your mail program includes the email address of
the original sender (some don't) - then highlight the address and
cut/delete it. Your extra second of effort cuts down on the Spam we
receive - fewer email addresses archived on Getty site to be harvested
by email bots. I have been doing my part as well - posting far less
that in the past.