Re: [teacherartexchange] teaching 2 point perspective- advice needed

---------

mwhite139_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Dec 09 2010 - 07:58:14 PST

Longtime member (note that I did not say ¨old!¨) Bunki Kramer has a really fun lesson that makes use of perspective. The students learn to draw boxes in space, then they insert a ribbon or snake or worm or dragon slithering in and out of holes in the boxes. It´s just the kind of goofy, nonthreatening assignment a MS student would enjoy, and I also used it with my HS students to incorporate both perspective drawing and the use of values to create depth. She used to have a Web site from Los Cerros Middle School, but our school server is too slow for me to search for it. The lesson may also be on Incredible Art Dept.

Maggie