[teacherartexchange] Artist James Rizzi

---------

From: Kristyn Knox (kris27tyn2002_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Dec 08 2010 - 12:13:41 PST

Hi,  I have been a member of this list serve for years, but have never posted a topic until now (if I am even doing it right..haha).  I am very excited about an artist I have become acquainted with in the last year, and want to share his work with other art teachers.  His name is James Rizzi, and he is a contemporary Pop artist from NYC.  Are you familiar with his work? His artwork is very popular in Europe, especially Germany, and in Japan.  He creates vibrant and exciting artwork that my students adore.  Mr. Rizzi is a strong advocate for art education and even took time to correspond with my students.  I would love to know what other art teacher think of his work.  Please check out my blog if you would like to learn more or see some lessons.

Thanks,
Kristyn
herdabbles.blogspot.com
1-7 art teacher