RE: [teacherartexchange] 50-minute periods?

---------

From: Amy Broady (ABroady_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Dec 08 2010 - 06:38:40 PST

I have 45 minutes for grades 1-5, and a short 30-minute time slot for
Kindergarten.
I used to have 50 minutes, but we switched to a standardized schedule in
2009 which mandates that all specials have 45 minutes (except for K). The
loss of those 5 minutes was (and still is) hard! I wish I still had 50!

My students have art twice in a complicated 9-day cycle, so it is ever so
slightly more than once a week. Basically, every other week, whoever has art
on Monday might also have it on Friday.

Amy in TN