RE:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: December 07, 2010 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

---------

From: Poland, Amanda (Amanda.Poland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Dec 08 2010 - 01:07:57 PST

Wacom tablets have been great in my expereince as a visual arts educator
in a school setting. They come in different sizes and the sylus control
is a good; huge difference from the mouse. Students seem to enjoy using
them. Managing the extra equipment in the school setting is of course
another thing to manage and control.
Drawing digitally or using tradtional materials and tools I believe has
great value for learning. We use drawing as a tool for earning in our
Gallery programs.
I am interested in any research around drawing as a tool for learning.
Perhaps you know of some?
Regards
Amanda

Amanda Andlee POLAND