[teacherartexchange] teaching 2 point perspective- advice needed

---------

From: sarah k (sarah.kerns3_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Dec 07 2010 - 15:55:06 PST

In your experiences, what has been the most successful approach to
teaching 2 point perspective?

I consider myself a novice teacher, after two years part time, this is
my first year "full time" (24hrs a week). I am teaching my eighth
graders perspective, many of them having little art experience, and
even though most of them are doing, well after a 1 point perspective
refresher and brief 2 point intro (I gave a handout with step by step
directions and walked through), I feel I am loosing some.

The assignment is to create a cityscape... now, in the future, along
the beach, whatever they can imagine. I want them to be jazzed! But I
think its a combination of lack of effort and creativity of the behalf
of students and poor teaching techniques from me. How would you
improve this situation?

Thank you as always!

Sarah K.
Quincy Catholic Academy