RE: [teacherartexchange] paper clay

---------

From: Susan Bennett (seasideblueviolet_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Dec 31 2008 - 10:09:23 PST

Hi

The puppets and portraits are great fun. What type of foam did you use for the big mouth puppets? I did a version years ago with younger students (I now teach high school classes). I used a water bomb balloon. Paper mach-ed it and then slice in half either vertically or horizontally. One end was removed on each piece in sort of a moon shape. The bottom was paper mach ed flat and then the two pieces hinged together forming those classic Muppet heads. Does that make any sense?

Did you use a form for the paper mac-he pulp heads or were they solid pulp/
Susan in Ohio