Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: December 28, 2008

---------

mmoore_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Mon Dec 29 2008 - 04:47:48 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: TeacherArtExchange Discussion Group digest <teacherartexchange@lists.pub.getty.edu>
Date: Monday, December 29, 2008 4:01 am
Subject: teacherartexchange digest: December 28, 2008

> TEACHERARTEXCHANGE Digest for Sunday, December 28, 2008.
>
> 1. RE: Has anyone used PhotoStory or Voicethread in their classroom?
> 2. Re: Has anyone used PhotoStory or Voicethread in their classroom?
> 3. Re: RE:Has anyone used PhotoStory or Voicethread in their
> classroom?4. adhesives for large clay pieces ????
> 5. Re: paper clay
> 6. Re: Has anyone used PhotoStory or Voicethread in their classroom?
> 7. RE: paper clay

> --
>
> Subject: RE: Has anyone used PhotoStory or Voicethread in their
> classroom?From: Amy <aburison@yahoo.com>
> Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 00:31:33 -0800 (PST)
>
> I used photostory with my students to create short videos on famous
> artists. They researched artists and came up with a story board on
> their life. Then they took photos and used clip art and music and
> special effects. The videos came out awesome! Unfortunately a
> computer glitch/malfunction killed my computers that had photostory
> and microsoft doesn't sell the software anymore.

> --
>
> Subject: Re: Has anyone used PhotoStory or Voicethread in their
> classroom?From: "Nhora Lucia Serrano" <nserrano@csulb.edu>
> Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 00:35:24 -0800
>
> I will be out of the country until January 13th. I will respond to
> your email then.

> --
>
> Subject: Re: RE:Has anyone used PhotoStory or Voicethread in their
> classroom?From: "M. Austin" <whest177@wheatstate.com>
> Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 10:10:26 -0600
>
> Try going to the Microsoft website - we downloaded PhotoStory3 on
> all our
> district computers for free.
> ~Michal
>

> I used photostory with my students to create short videos on famous
> artists.
> They researched artists and came up with a story board on their
> life. Then
> they took photos and used clip art and music and special effects.
> The videos
> came out awesome! Unfortunately a computer glitch/malfunction
> killed my
> computers that had photostory and microsoft doesn't sell the
> software
> anymore.
>

> ---
> To unsubscribe go to

> --
I use a ceramic glue made by LePage. Not sure if you can get that brand in Ohio but go to a good hardware store and look for their glues. There should be something for ceramics. Easier than epoxy as there is no mixing. Epoxy works but is messy. If the pieces are really large, you could try a sealant that comes in a caulking-type tube. There's plenty of glues out there that work on fired clay.
Mindy in Nova Scotia