[teacherartexchange] adhesives for large clay pieces ????

---------

From: Susan Bennett (seasideblueviolet_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Dec 28 2008 - 11:11:51 PST

I have a student creating a large low fire clay form. High school) The base is a tree trunk type piece fired in sections and hollow. He carefully created the pieces while wet adjoining them together for a clean fit. The piece was too large for the kiln and the clay body not strong enough to keep together for firing, so we decided do to in sections. Does anyone have experience with a good adhesive for fitting together fired pieces?

Susan in Ohio