Re: [teacherartexchange] photostory/voicethread

---------

From: play2cre8 (play2cre8_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Dec 26 2008 - 19:08:24 PST

I have used VoiceThread with my writing classes - the kids love it...
I have posted images and they have responded to them, and the students
have each done their own VoiceThread based on the Visual Griots
program. I think that soon VoiceThread is supposed to have the
capability to incorporate PhotoStory video into the thread.
The kids love VoiceThread but we run into a lot of problems when we
are all uploading at the same time in the lab.

I really like the ease of our class wiki for sharing art, having the
kids respond and encouraging discussion. The wiki is easier to use -
not as fancy, but still lots of possibilities. Have you considered
creating a wiki page? Wikispaces upgrades for teachers (meaning that
it is closed to everyone but the class - private. Kids can also use
both wiki and VoiceThread without having an e-mail address - but
wikispaces has to set it up for you... you can create logins and
passwords for both.
Ellen