[teacherartexchange] Tree of Life Unit

---------

From: Margaret Angstadt (mangstadt_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Dec 21 2008 - 15:34:49 PST

Hello all!

Since we are buried in snow here in Vermont I'm taking a few moment to
send this link to the Tree of Life images that my Clay Sculpture Class
created last year. It begins with my prototype...so important to do to
be sure of the scope and sequence. I hope you can open it okay.

http://picasaweb.google.com/fivestonesofgospa/TreeOfLife02#

The unit plan itself is buried in my hard drive at school, but thought
some of you may want to have a go at this. Be sure to use sculptural
clay -- containing grog. We used low-fire clay.
The students loved it. Themes ranged from "auto repair" to "under the
sea" and some were simply flowers. We watched the PBS Crafts in
America Part Two film that had David Gurney's tree of life work. Very
inspiring!
His website is: http://www.davidgurneyart.com/Home/Artwork
Every student was successful. Wish I had photos of the students'
finished work included (also on school computer). I'll try to get
them into this album after the new year.

Christmas Blessings to All!
Peggy

--
Visual Arts