Re: [teacherartexchange] Paper flakes in wax?

---------

From: Ray Leal (rayleal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Dec 19 2008 - 06:02:41 PST

We just use regular copy paper for the flakes- I have them hold the
snowflake with a clothes pin and just dip it into the crock pot- there
is probably 3-4" of wax in the crockpot- sometimes they fold up on
themselves, but it doesn't matter just so the whole thing gets in the
wax. They pull them out and lay it on a paper towel (or anything
really) and while the wax is still wet sprinkle the glitter- flip it
over, sprinkle the other side. They are easy to flatten out if they
folded up a bit while they are lying there- They are cool enough to
carry back to the tables by the time you get the glitter on them. They
leave them between 2 pieces of notebook paper in thier notebooks to
take home and that flattens them the rest of the way. It is fun- and
really easy- try it.
Thanks-
Heather