Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] The "extra" days before break.

From: Rebecca Burch (mamallama_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Dec 18 2008 - 07:18:56 PST

Do you have a digital camera and an editing program like Windows Movie Maker?
I usually do a "quickie" stop motion animation project because it
requires the entire group to work together to move pieces over and
over. Hands busy = less opportunity for kids to go nuts. One year,
we did a stop motion animation project using huge boxes that the kids
made walk and dance down the hallway and up the stairs. It took 2
days, and they really got into it!!! It became the intro to a video
about a big charity project we do each year.

It's a cinch to edit. You basically drag and drop all the still
photos into the program, add music, and hit "save."

Charleston WV

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 8:18 AM, <> wrote:
> To those of you who have 7th/8th graders for just a few days next week
> - what are you planning to do with them? I planned all my projects to
> rap up this week because of the break, but now I have Monday and
> Tuesday to think about. Some of my classes were actually interrupted
> this Monday/Tuesday because of a Holiday concert they had to rehearse
> for, so some of the classes are finishing up projects they should have
> finished this week. I just have 2 8th grades and 1 7th grade that I
> need to plan something for for 45 minutes each (my younger kids will
> be drawing "winter scenes" with pastel). Do you just have your kids
> freedraw and "hang out" or do you try to do an actual one-shot
> project? I'm considering showing some kind of art-related video
> (although I'd have to get a video from a public library in the Boston
> area - if anyone has any suggestions, that would be fantastic). My
> kids were antsy for break THIS week - I can't imagine what they'll be
> like the day before the break.
> Thanks!
> ---
> To unsubscribe go to