Re: [teacherartexchange] The "extra" days before break.

---------

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Dec 18 2008 - 06:40:44 PST

Our kids are still testing this week, and then they are watching LOTS of movies, from what I can tell, so I keep the art making going up to the last minute.

my 6th graders have already made holiday cards, as part of our relief print project the past couple of weeks. (We also colored the blocks with watercolor marker and monoprinted onto damp watercolor paper, and also pressed the relief blocks into Crayola Model Magic and made little bas relief ornaments.)

Now they are making shoebox puppets, which we will finish tomorrow (last day).

The 7-8th graders have been working with clay all week - small things, like attempts at whistles, with air dry clay - I have no way to fire.

I'll put all the clay stuff away tonight, and then tomorrow we will make pop up snowman cards and pop up Christmas trees.