Re: [teacherartexchange] The "extra" days before break.

---------

From: Ray Leal (rayleal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Dec 18 2008 - 06:14:18 PST

On our last day before vacation, we look at Snowflake Bentley's
snowflakes and we cut snowflakes out of paper--- then the biggie draw
of the day---- I melt wax in a crock pot, they dip the paper
snowflakes in the wax, then sprinkle glitter on them. It makes them
sort of translucent, and when the wax cools, stiffens them. You can
throw a crayon in the wax to tint it if you want. They really are
pretty, and the kids love it.
Have fun-
Heather