Re: [teacherartexchange] The "extra" days before break.

---------

From: Gayle Parent (gayleparent_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Dec 18 2008 - 05:33:06 PST

I don't have 7th and 8th, but I think my idea will work well for them
because it's universal and seems very age appropriate. I'm having my
students make cards. They can make a birthday card, a holiday card,
any card they want. I have paper cut for them that is 4.5 inches by
12, and we fold them in a "Z" fold. I point out how well they stand
up when the receiver wants to look at them for a while. I also have
fancy scissors so they can make the edges look cool. They use any
materials they want. I suggest pencil or colored pencil, many of my
students are using watercolor ( we just wrapped up a w/c unit and
they are still enthused about the medium). Good luck.