[teacherartexchange] wire frame for clay?

---------

From: Diane Davis (dianemdavis_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Dec 09 2008 - 06:59:17 PST

 I have a middle school girl who wants to make a clay horse standing, with one foot up.Easy to draw, not so easy to make in clay. I suggested she needed a wire frame, as the horses legs are so delicate and the weight of the clay so heavy. Can she use a coat hanger? Or will it be too brittle in the kiln? Is there another way to make something heavy stand up on thin legs? Is there an inexpensive wire I can get at home depot?
Diane Davis