[teacherartexchange] relief tile installation

---------

From: Margaret Angstadt (mangstadt_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Dec 05 2008 - 05:07:48 PST

I am looking for information regarding artists who create >>> high
quality<<< art tiles by hand for installation for the purpose of
studying with them and learning from their experience. I have some
experience with tile making. Specifics: unglazed tiles that rely on
form; glazing possibilities; working with large groups of people in
the tile making process. I am writing a grant (trying to!). This can
include courses or one-on-one workshop time for summer or fall 2009.
Also hoping to find overseas workshops -- Italy? other suggestions?
I did find one in Umbria that looked interesting.

The experiences I hope to have (listed above) will help me in
executing school-wide tile mural installations. If the clay thing
becomes too overwhelming, my back-up is using thin (luan) plywood
shapes as the 'tiles'...painted and perhaps a relief motif for some.
(Just pulled my back out lifting a box of clay...right now plywood
pieces sound much more inviting...)

Thank you so much!

Peggy
p.s. I do have a lesson plan with photos I'm still putting together
on the Tree of Life unit that I used with a clay sculpture class last
year...I'll post it, probably by February.