Re: [teacherartexchange] Charlotte's web lessons - I will forward to Tina

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Dec 04 2008 - 09:36:38 PST

Greetings Tina (and all),

While I officially have nothing to do with this list. I still try to
be a "guardian" of art teachers' time. I am retired now and do have a
little time on my hands. Most likely, busy art teachers do not have
time to re-write their responses or to look them up on their machines
and forward them. I have not deleted my Trash folder on Gmail in quite
some time so I do have the posts and will forward them to you.

My guess is, when you signed up to receive the Getty posts, you
mistakingly singed up to receive INDEX instead of DIGEST. With the
Index, you only receive a list of what was posted for the day, not the
entire posts. If you plan to use the list to post questions, it is
really best to sign up for Individual posts so you know right away
that you have received and answer. The other method of receiving the
list is Digest where you receive the entire messages that were posted
for the day. Go to the Edit membership page and check the right box
for you. I do not recommend anyone sign up for Index. It is usually
several days before the posts are archived on the web site.

I also do not recommend you post your email address to the list. The
addresses get archived on the web site allowing email bots to harvest
the addresses and send Spam. At present time, Getty does not have
software to truncate email address that get posted by members. Other
members have now posted my email address over 300 times
(inadvertently) in their own posts and now I receive hundreds of Spam
emails a day.

I will forward the Charlotte's Web posts to you. Please do not "Thank
me" to the entire list - just let me know that you received the posts.

Best Wishes,

Judy Decker