RE: [teacherartexchange] lesson plans for old Christmas cards

---------

From: Cheryl Lloyd (clloyd_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Dec 04 2008 - 12:38:13 PST

I was just looking at an ornament on my Christmas tree where we used old
Christmas cards. It is more crafty than anything, but an idea none the
less. Maybe you could adapt it...

My grandma used to sit us down and cut out pentagon shapes out of old
Christmas cards and used toothpicks to build a frame around it. The
toothpicks were glued around it sort of like a log cabin (overlapping
them) which kind of looks like a manger when finished. If you're
interested, I can take a photo of it and send it.

Cheri Lloyd
Art Teacher/ Beginning Teacher Mentor