Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: December 27, 2007

---------

From: Genie Mueller (geniemueller_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Dec 30 2007 - 10:18:29 PST

Subject: Re: avoiding violent themes or subjects

In both computer art and drawing/painting we studied
narrative/social commentary art ranging from Picasso
to Banksy. Students then created their own piece; many
involved violence in the forms of personal
concerns/issues. Pieces ranged from the confusion boys
and young men have over guns/war/sport to abuse within
the family unit to animal abuse. It is an excellent
avenue for students to express personal issues (altho
many 'had friends' with whom they sympathized).

Genie

--- TeacherArtExchange Discussion Group digest

leave-439715-204617.e3cf50af499c6ba23a20043456172811@lists.pub.getty.edu