Re: [teacherartexchange] Mac on Windows question?

---------

From: Jeff Pridie (jeffpridie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Dec 29 2007 - 06:18:55 PST

Marvin and all,

Marvin this is really a good question for all. With
the new Macs now on the market that have the upgrade
processors and the ability to put OS and XP on the
computer there are things that individuals should
know.
My needed a new computer so we bought a new Mac
laptop. She likes Mac's but had some programs for
school that are only made for PC's. So when you get
it you have to split the Hard drive and have one side
OS and the other side XP (I was told by a good source
not to put Vista on it as there are some issues with
it). The important thing that I found was to make
sure you dedicate enough space on the XP side if you
are using several applications otherwise it will run
slow. You cannot open both operating systems at the
same time....you must open the system you wish to use
at start up. My wife has had no problems with it at
all and enjoys the ability to use both systems. The
set up is not difficult. Her computer has the new OS
system on it. Again the key is to have a large enough
harddrive if you are planning to run several
applications on both OS and XP side. As far as
storage I would just buy and external hardrive to
store documents, pictures and music. We found it is
worth it as I can store stuff from my computer and the
kids can store things from their computers all on this
portable storage harddrive

Just some thoughts.

Jeff (Minnesota)