[teacherartexchange] fabric dye

---------

From: LRR at home (leah_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 24 2007 - 09:37:29 PST

I have done tie dye (complete with rubber bands) and Batik with kids for
years. I use Procion dyes from Dharma, complete with soda ash... With
some basic classroom management I have never had a fatality! I have done it
with small groups such as Art Camp - to a full summer school session of
1st - 6th graders. The only time I ever had issue was with High School
students, I would never do that again. (and that was more with the wax than
the dyes).

Of course, there were no kids around when the paraffin wax caught fire....
that was really exciting.

Missing my art room in Colorado....

Leah