RE: [teacherartexchange] I need suggestions for fabric dye and tie-dye

---------

From: Amy Broady (abroady_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2007 - 19:52:34 PST

Heather,

What about lining up a slew of parent helpers? Require two per homeroom
(maybe more?) and have parents have the shirts tied up before the big day
when you dye them at school. So you might need parents lined up to tie the
shirts up ahead of time, and to help at the school when the dyeing is going
on.

If parents were in charge tying the shirts, they would have the option of
having the whole class tied the same way, for team unity. Or have each class
have a certain color combination.

Good luck. I did tie dyes with young campers back when I was in college, but
it's been nearly 20 years since then. I don't remember which brand of dye we
used.

Amy in TN

P.S. You could always ensure that the tradition is such a debacle that no
one at the school will ever want to repeat the experience! Just kidding, of
course. *wink*