RE: [teacherartexchange] Lucien Freud- Etchings (slide show NY Times)

---------

From: KPRS2 (kprs2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Dec 14 2007 - 15:19:44 PST

Lucien Freud is a premier painter. I love, love, love his work. Their is
nothing grittier, more human, more "fleshy" than his work. I encourage other
art teachers to google him to see his work. I am in awe of the application
of paint, the rendering of flesh (as if meat), and the capturing of
personality. While his nudes may not be accessible for your students, his
portraits, and his sleeping figures with the dog are really wonderful as
well. My students took pictures of his Leigh Bowery (large rotund sitter for
Lucien) when we were at the Metropolitan Museum of Art two weeks when we
were there, and came running to show me. Made me smile.

San D

Dear Printmaking Teachers,

I was not that familiar with Lucien Freud (British realist -
figurative painter).
I think your students may be inspired by his etchings (portraits)
See slide show:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/14/arts/design/14freu.html?ref=design
"Lucian Freud: The Painter's Etchings" continues through March 10 at
the Museum of Modern Art; moma.org.
http://www.moma.org/exhibitions/exhibitions.php?id=3962&ref=calendar
Check back to see if they put more online....

Judy Decker