RE: [teacherartexchange] Artists books plus curriculum - Art, Books & Creativity

---------

From: Diane Gregory (dianegregory2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Dec 14 2007 - 14:01:22 PST

Hi Amy,

I don't have a written lesson plan. I do have an idea
for a lesson plan. An art teacher I knew in Iowa was
devoted to helping students think more creatively. He
often got his ideas from Nicholas Roukes and his book
Art Synectics. Anyway, he used the idea of combining
two things: in this case buttons and cities. His
students did marvelous perspective drawings of their
imaginary Button City. Of course they were junior
high students, but you might be able to adapt this
lesson for the 4th grade. They used graphite pencils
and learned about one and two point perspective and
combined it with original thinking by creating button
buildings inspired by every day buttons they found or
invented. They were great drawings and at the time I
thought this was a good way to introduce a sometimes
overwhelming seemingly technical subject like
perspective.

Hope this helps.

Diane