RE: [teacherartexchange] Marionettes and more - see Puppet Universe

---------

From: KPRS2 (kprs2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Dec 13 2007 - 13:58:30 PST

oooh, oooh, oooh, oooh (think Horschack on Welcome Back Kotter), ask me, ask
me. I teach puppetry on the high school level. I do big mouth puppets (think
Sesame street), shadow puppets, handpuppets (think Punch and Judy) and
Marionettes with my high school students. (as an aside to Judy, I am "up to
here" with making puppets with my kids, so I haven't been able to get it
together enough to send you pictures/lesson plans..however, I did present at
the NJ Art Educators conference). My puppet club is busy this month, doing
holiday shows for children and senior citizens. This course was an offshoot
of my working puppetry into my Gifted and Talented classes for over 20
years. When they eliminated Gifted and Talented from the high school, out
shook a class called Puppetry, and I haven't looked back since. (this is our
3rd year). We compete with our puppets at our local Teen Arts Festival in
the drama section, and have advanced each time from the local level to the
state level. Students and teachers alike are staying afterschool this week
to make puppets as holiday gifts as well. Gotta tell you, life is sweet!

San D

If I were still teaching, I would probably purchase a marionette from
this site to figure out how it is made......
I can see all sorts of lesson ideas.....

Enjoy,

Judy Decker