[teacherartexchange] Purple Dogs - Sandy Skogland

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2007 - 16:31:20 PST

She exhibited when I was going to college. She is the reason I can no longer
eat Cheetos, due to her exhibit of mannequins, tables, walls, chairs, etc
all covered in Cheetos, with a bowl of Cheetos for viewers to eat while
viewing. I got this mental image of cannibalism that just will not go away!
*L* I purchased her catalog, and if you can get ahold of one I highly
recommend it. Each artwork is intriguing and can be great for discussion
starters. I love the one with chewed gum stuck on everything while this lady
sits there totally unaware. My students were all "ewwwww, gross", and then I
asked them to look under the tables they sit at every day. It is amazing how
I haven't had chewed gum stuck to the bottoms of my tables in over 5 years
since we started discussing her work.
~Michal