Re: [teacherartexchange] Image to inspire printmaking lesson - Red Grooms

---------

From: MWhite (mwhite139_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2007 - 12:05:06 PST

What a fun idea. A former prof of mine, in his last work, made 3D
postcards along the same lines. He'd start with an old postcard, the
kind that were handpainted b&w photos, and collage funny things on top.
I always loved his sense of play and humor.

I also liked the "original," paper doll-like Gertrude before she was cut
out. I once had HS students do something similar. They tried to
complain--that's their job, y' know--but secretly enjoyed it. Good
luesson for translating 2D to 3D, and solving engineering problems.

Maggie