[teacherartexchange] Literacy through Photography - Harold Olejarz/Tom Chambers project

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2007 - 04:11:50 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Many of you "know" Harold through the list and his website and have
seen my posts about Tom Chambers.... Harold and Tom are teaming up
again - this time in a project with their students. Also included in a
school in Pasadena Texas.

From Tom Chambers:

NEWS RELEASE

Raul Yzaguirre School For Success [Houston, TX],
Eisenhower Middle School [Wyckoff, NJ] and Southmore
Intermediate School [Pasadena, TX] photo collaboration
as a FotoFest International Literacy Through
Photography [LTP] pilot poject.

The project is ongoing as an online blog of student
photo and writing posts at:

http://houstonwyckoff.blogspot.com/

Literacy Through Photography [LTP], the educational
component of FotoFest International [based in Houston,
TX}, is a writing program designed to help classroom
students achieve better communication skills through
the use of digital or film-based photography:

http://literacythroughphotography.fotofest.org/

The first phase of the three-school project focuses on
self-portraiture. Students are writing about their
own images and commenting about their classmates' and
other students' images. The project will then move
towards family, community and dreams.

Contacts (email addresses have been removed)

Holly Rayna Raub
Education Coordinator
FotoFest International LTP
Houston, TX