Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: December 06, 2007

---------

From: christy hedman (christyhedman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Dec 07 2007 - 07:19:47 PST

WHy not consider making it a mosaic type?- think
outside the functional platter. It doesn't have to be
functional does it? Most large platters end up
displayed, consider using the platter you molded it on
as a base to attach it to. I know how frustrating that
is. When I've done large slab pieces in bowls,
shrinking was a major issue. We did alot of gluing
that year! I sometimes use really a cheap garbage bag
in between the clay and the platter mold. The clay can
move that way as it shrinks instead of sticking to the
bowl or form.
Good luck!
Christy
 Ceramics question: