[teacherartexchange] 1st grade lesson

---------

From: Erin Frawley (e_frawley_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Dec 03 2007 - 12:54:01 PST

I need a really good first grade lesson however I have not worked with 1st grade in sometime. I do have an idea of what I would like to do but I'm not sure if what I have in mind is appropriate for 1st grade. I wanted to show them Joan Miro's work and discuss his use of line, shape and color. How his shapes are simple and represent something. Then have them use black marker to create the shapes and color it in. They can add more lines and color in the background to create interest. I was going to talk about some of his art work has long titles and have them name their drawing when they were complete. What do you think?

Thanks,
Erin