[teacherartexchange] Temporary Historian/Writer job posting

---------

From: berquist (berquist_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Dec 21 2006 - 13:50:10 PST

From: Eder, Elizabeth [mailto:ederek@si.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2006 11:32 AM
Subject: Temporary Historian/Writer job posting

Dear Colleague,

The Smithsonian American Art Museum Education Office is recruiting for a
six-month temporary position of Historian/Writer to work on a major
textbook project for grades 6-12. We would appreciate your assistance in
getting the word out to suitable candidates about this exciting opportunity.

I?ve enclosed the job description in both the body of this e-mail
message below and as an attachment. Please let me know if you have any
questions. Thanks for your assistance.

Sincerely,

Liz Eder

Temporary Position ? Historian/Writer

Smithsonian American Art Museum

The Smithsonian American Art Museum (SAAM) Education Office seeks to
fill a temporary position of Historian/Writer to work on a major
textbook project for

grades 6-12.

Primary duties include:

? Collaborating with museum staff to identify and select appropriate
SAAM artworks for inclusion as supplemental material in a textbook
series for grades 6-12 with related products
? Researching and writing two pages at the end of each chapter for each
grade of the textbook series that links each chapter theme and related
educational standards with SAAM artworks
? Working with textbook editors and museum staff to format materials,
review drafts, and rewrite text as necessary
? Working with museum staff to secure reproduction permissions for SAAM
artworks
? Meeting weekly with museum staff to maintain project timelines and
schedules

Qualifications for this position include:

? Experience with curriculum planning and/or writing, preferably for a
middle or high school audience
? Knowledge of national educational standards for K-12 in social
studies, language arts, and/or visual art
? Knowledge of American art and/or U.S. history
? Experience with textbook production and publishing requirements a plus
? Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines and to communicate
effectively

Salary to be determined. This temporary position extends through July 2007.

To apply, send a cover letter addressing primary duties and
qualifications with salary requirements, your resume/vita, and
applicable writing samples by January 15, 2007 to Elizabeth K. Eder
either via e-mail at EderEK@si.edu or mail at the address below:

Elizabeth K. Eder

Smithsonian American Art Museum
750 Ninth Street, NW, Suite 3300
Washington, DC 20001-4505

The Smithsonian is an equal opportunity employer.

Forwarded by
BJ Berquist
bjb@tappedin.org