[teacherartexchange] Kiln Questions

---------

From: Kim Ans (kans_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Dec 19 2006 - 12:26:20 PST

After 7 years of asking I have finally received funding to purchase a new
kiln. (Ironically they finally fixed the old kiln last year after 6 years
of asking but I am not giving up the funding!) However i am confused about
the wide variety of kilns available. What is the difference between a
single phase and a three phase. honestly i only do the very basics with the
students (HS) but I still want to get my money's worth. The kiln i have now
is a kiln sitter model (ancient) and I thought it might be nice to get an
automatic kiln with a kiln controller. The Skutt kilns seem to fit into my
price range ($4000.00 CND) but i thought that i would ask for some advice
before jumping in and buying the wrong thing.

Thank you!

Kim