Re: [teacherartexchange] Art Website

---------

From: wendy free (wendypaigefree_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Dec 17 2006 - 08:05:43 PST

Tammy,

I would be flattered and excited if my principal asked
me to coordinate with our tech person to create an art
web page. To me it is an indication that the
principal values you + your program and wants to
showcase your students' work.

Part of our job is to display our students' work. We
are used to doing bulletin boards and art shows but
now we can display online, too! My kids (and parents)
are always thrilled to see their art on our website.

You are lucky to have a tech person to work with!
Like many other art teachers in this group, I learned
how to "site write" on my own and also pay for our
monthly web hosting fees. To me it is worth it. It
is time consuming at first, although you will be
amazed how quickly you can do things once you get the
hang ot it - now it's easier for me to add to our
website than to crawl on top of cabinets and balance
on counters to change the bulletin board in my room!

Creating an art website can be good for you
personally, too. Its a great way to record and share
your ideas and your kids' successes, and to give back
to others who have shared their lessons with you. It
shows your dedication as a teacher and demonstrates
that you are able to utilize current technologies,
too.

I'd say go for it!

0<]:D Wendy, looking forward to updating MY site
during break!

 wendy
www.wendypaigefree.com