Re: [teacherartexchange] holiday projects

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Dec 16 2006 - 10:57:03 PST

When I taught, during this crazy holiday period of the school year,
I always provided a choice of projects/media and allowed the
children to choose how they wanted to express themselves. But to deny
them the opportunity to show their religious interests is as bad as
forcing them to do an "exclusive" one religion theme project or no
religion acknowledgment whatsoever. Throughout the school year I
taught the children about the cultural aspects and influences of
religions on various expressions of art forms around the world. And
that includes mythology as well. Allow the children to take the lead
on what interests them and open their minds to understand and value
differing points of view.

                                                Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
                                                Art teacher, K-5, retired