RE: [teacherartexchange] K-3 Teaching before Christmas??

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (HillmJan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2006 - 10:41:04 PST

Hi Betsy, I'm not sure I understand. Do you teach them how to make the
boxes or do you have them come up with their own method?
Jan

Sarah, I have them make paper/ card boxes. I have a contest to see who
can
make the most nesting boxes or the most creative use of a box- this is
3rd-6th gr. I give a little prize for the winners. They learn how one
class, then we do the challenge the next. They start with a 6x6 in.
square-
any larger or smaller, they have to come up with how. This keeps them
focused- and they love to learn something new to do.
Betsy