Re:[teacherartexchange] K-3 Teaching before Christmas??

---------

From: leah from work (leah_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2006 - 10:14:28 PST

No one I know has ever had these kind of problems.... NOT - it is a ZOO in
here! Of course, they don't tell you that in the rule book!

I may get one good week after Thanksgiving - and then between Snow, Shows,
Trips, Flu's and upcoming holiday excitement - Whew.... of course my first
year I was busy trying to TEACH!!!!!

I try to get all "Serious" projects done by Thanksgiving - I usually
schedule a "Catch-up - Smorgasbord" day - then I do fun, simple one day,
projects - that may or may not have a winter theme... may or may not even
relate to an artistic theme!

I am a grinch so I don't do holidays in my classroom - but I am an
equalitarian grinch - I don't do Christmas, and I don't do any other
holidays either.

 - Leah in Colorado