Re: [teacherartexchange] K-3 Teaching before Christmas??

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Dec 14 2006 - 14:52:47 PST

Since the kids are focused on the holidays I bring out the "special"
supplies and use it as "bait" to get the students to continue performing for
me. At the primary level we generally do snow themes, and the final step to
finishing our creations is the addition of either epsom salt or clear
glitter. Epsom salt "magically" transforms into snow, and of course we all
know what glitter does! *L* I love the clear glitter because it really does
add a wintery feel without looking tacky. Knowing that they have to get
through the first part in order to do that "magical" stuff helps keep them
focused. Playing music helps as well.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids