Re: [teacherartexchange] K-3 Teaching before Christmas??

---------

From: Rick Larson (jrlarson51_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Dec 14 2006 - 13:04:03 PST

Sarah, I have them make paper/ card boxes. I have a contest to see who can
make the most nesting boxes or the most creative use of a box- this is
3rd-6th gr. I give a little prize for the winners. They learn how one
class, then we do the challenge the next. They start with a 6x6 in. square-
any larger or smaller, they have to come up with how. This keeps them
focused- and they love to learn something new to do.
Betsy