[teacherartexchange] K-3 Teaching before Christmas??

---------

From: Sarah Critzman (sjcritzman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Dec 14 2006 - 09:44:17 PST

My room is a MESS! The kids are crazy! Classes are
gone for concerts and field trips! This time of year
always seems to catch me off guard - I think I plan a
suitable lesson but it is so hard to get my kids,
(K-3) to settle down enough to listen to directions
and work on anything. Then when they finally start to
work, it starts snowing and we are back to the
craziness.
Does anyone else have these problems? What kinds of
things do you do right before the holidays or break?
I need something to keep my sanity for one more
week...

Thanks for any ideas :)
Sarah, in WI