Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Top Two

From: Jean Womack (jeaneger_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Dec 13 2006 - 23:06:45 PST

Years ago I walked into a New York cathedral and saw a pieta, with a woman
kneeling by it, just sobbing to break anyone's heart. I guess it really
provides an emotional release for some people. I felt as though I
understood the statue better after that. Out here, one teacher said she had
a religious experience when she finally saw the Matisse woman with a green
hat, after looking at it in books for years. I had quite a spiritual
feeling when I saw a Della Robia wreath on display after not seeing it since
I was in elementary school.
Jean Womack

To unsubscribe go to