Re: [teacherartexchange] "Who Is Aaron Dougls?" Exceptional Professional Development Offering

---------

From: Emanuel Cooper Jr. (euphrates3_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Dec 12 2006 - 19:48:08 PST

Jean-Cleveland, OH

Thank you.

The influence of Aaron Douglas' life and work remains
a fresh untold story outside scholarly research. Our
goal is to introduce Aaron's life work and time to the
cultural art education and history landscape of
popular culture.

Douglas' influence on fine art and design aesthetics
is vast, however it is not well know as you have
pointed out. We seek the participation of educators,
researchers and the philanthropic community in
developing the full value of the story of Aaron
Douglas' contribution to the Harlem Renaissance.

Of greater significance, Aaron Douglas is an important
contextual element of the American Experience.

Emanuel