Re: [teacherartexchange] Top Two not to be missed &top museums

---------

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Dec 12 2006 - 07:59:00 PST

I have to add the Museum of the Opera del Duomo in
Florence. Michelangelo's powerful later Pieta, the
original Baptistry door panels, Donatello's Prophet,
Della Robbia's choir stalls and more. No filler. We
were alone with the Michelangelo, we could look
closely at it from all sides - no plexiglass, no rope,
(no tour bus crowds), no line at the door.