Re: [teacherartexchange] "Who Is Aaron Dougls?" Exceptional Professional Development Offering

---------

From: Emanuel Cooper Jr. (euphrates3_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Dec 12 2006 - 06:42:50 PST

Good Morning Woody:

Thank you for the fantastic links.

I look forward to meeting you offline in person.

David Driskell was the second art chair at Fisk
University after Aaron Douglas. Aaron Douglas
established and chaired the art department for 30
years. David Driskell's landmark research: "Two
Centuries of Black American Art; 1750 - 1950," Alfred
Knopf, 1976 is outstanding. More of his scholarship
can be found at the umd.edu link.

Emanuel

http://www.artgallery.umd.edu/driskell/exhibition/sec2/polk_p_01.htm