[teacherartexchange] Broadway Tickets in NYC

---------

From: KPRS2 (kprs2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Dec 10 2006 - 04:58:18 PST

and don't forget the site
www.broadwaybox.com where you can get discounted tickets AHEAD of time by
ordering online/phone. It is reputable, I order all of my tickets through
there when I am not getting other discounts.

Here is a list of must see's according to me.

MUSICALS
Grey Gardens (Christine Ebersole will be winning the Tony for this one)
Avenue Q (this is the send up of Sesame Street, adult version...you can see
great puppets)
The Drowsey Chaparone (cute, cute, cute, won many Tony awards last year)
Company (if you are a Sondheim devotee, I loved it.)
Martin Short Fame Becomes Me (if you like Martin Short's sensibilities...I
laughed and snorted out loud)
Jersey Boys (hard to get)
Wicked (hard to get)
Hairspray (just plain fun)
The 25th Annual Spelling Bee (a MUST for teachers, love it)

STRAIGHT PLAYS
The Vertical Hour (if you like politcal discussion about the war/bush, pros
and cons..Julienne Moore and Bill Nighy)
Heartbreak House (I'm seeing this Wednesday)
Butley (Nathan Lane, not his best)
Talk Radio (not open yet, but will be..with Liev Schreiber an Eric Begosian
play)

Then of course there are always the standards
Phantom
Les Mis
Mama Mia (you must like ABBA)
Spamalot (hard to get, and you must like Monty Python)

San D